CityNet is the largest association of urban stakeholders committed to sustainable development in the Asia Pacific region. Established in 1987 with the support of UNESCAP, UNDP and UN-Habitat, the Network of cities has grown to include 123 municipalities, NGOs, private companies and research centers.
We connect actors, exchange knowledge and build commitment to more sustainable and resilient cities. Through capacity building, city-to-city cooperation and tangible projects, we help our members respond to Climate Change, Disaster, the Millennium Development Goals and rising Infrastructure demands.
To connect urban actors and deliver tangible solutions for cities across the Asia Pacific region.
- Nurture an enduring network of urban actors that together create sustainable and resilient cities
- Forge the largest network of urban stakeholders across the Asia Pacific region
- Observe and effectively respond to the changing urban landscape
- Promote the exchange of knowledge and best practices
- Combat global climate change and champion disaster resilience
- Advance urban issues on the global sustainability agenda
- Support livable, inclusive, and equitable cities
- Connect: We bring together local governments, civil society, and the private sector to collectively act for more sustainable cities.
- Exchange: We unite key stakeholders to share knowledge and find innovative solutions for urban challenges.
- Build: We believe in building a movement for more people-friendly, socially just, ecologically sound, economically productive, culturally vibrant, and globally connected cities.
What We Do
- We train city leaders and decision makers through customized capacity building programs.
- We deliver tangible projects in response to long-term urban challenges.
- We stage international conferences to connect and share best practices face-to-face.
- We push innovation through collaborative research projects.
- We transfer policy, technology and technical expertise between key urban stakeholders.
- We advocate city-level issues in global-level discussions.
- We disseminate the latest information to our members through publications, periodicals and social media.
*Please place your request of CityNet logo files via communication(at)citynet-ap.org email.