CITYNET is a unique member-driven organization which has grown from 26 members at its inception in 1987 to over 130 members in over 20 countries in the Asia-Pacific and Europe.
Today, the comprehensive CITYNET network includes city governments, national level organizations, development authorities, non-governmental organizations, private companies and community-based organizations. Network operations are funded by annual membership fees. Programs, projects and activities are funded through the network’s partnerships with donor agencies.
CITYNET strives to meet the changing needs of members and most importantly to listen to its members to successfully and continually implement relevant programs and activities.
Any city government, authority, development authority, association of local authorities, non-governmental organization, community-based organization, institution, or corporation, that shares the objectives and vision of CITYNET may apply for membership.
1) Please review the eligibility requirements.
2) Request an application form (see below)
3) Upon pre-approval the CITYNET Secretariat will send the application form and required documents.
4) Please submit the application form, together with the city/organisation profile and all other relevant information materials to the CITYNET Secretariat at least two months before the annual session of the Executive Committee Meeting, held in the last quarter of every year.
5) Completed applications will be tabled at the CITYNET Executive Committee Meeting.
6) Membership will become effective upon adoption at the Executive Committee Meeting and signing of the Charter of CITYNET.
7) CITYNET services will be available after the first payment of the membership fee/subscription.
CityNet Membership Application
How to Calculate the Membership Fee
Upon approval by the CITYNET Executive Committee, the membership fee will be incurred from the following year. The annual membership fee is calculated based on the population size of the city and GDP per capita of its country.
World Bank Development Indicators