Application Deadline: February 15, 2017
CityNet is the largest association of urban stakeholders committed to sustainable development in the Asia Pacific region. Established in 1987 with the support of UNESCAP, UNDP and UN-Habitat, the Network of cities has grown to include 138 municipalities, NGOs, private companies and research centers. We connect actors, exchange knowledge and build commitment to more sustainable and resilient cities. Through capacity building, city-to-city cooperation and tangible projects, we help our members respond to Climate Change, Disaster, Sustainable Development Goals and rising Infrastructure demands.
The CityNet Secretariat is currently looking for one suitable project assistant.
Position: Project Assistant (Internship position)
• Assist the Project Coordinator in managing the EU World Cities Project
o Support communication with partners and participating cities in Korea
o Logistical coordination of working meetings between Korean/European cities in Korea
o Preparation of presentations and project reports
o Administrative support
• Other tasks
o Support CityNet’s Knowledge sharing and Capacity Building Programs
-Content creation and management for CityNet blog and the SDG knowledge sharing platform
o Support 2017 CityNet Congress
o Assist in project acquisition (e.g. identify suitable programs and potential partners, prepare project proposals)
o Support organizing side events and sessions at international conferences
o Administrative support
Please note: Tasks and responsibilities may be adjusted by supervisor.
Requirements and desired qualifications
• Graduate students, and recent graduates majoring in urban development, public policy, international relations, development studies, project management, environmental studies or related fields
• Excellent spoken/written proficiency in English and Korean
• Ideally experience in project management or project assistance
• Experience working with governments or international organizations is an asset
Timeline and stipend
• Desired starting date: 1 March 2017
• Term: 5-11 months
• Stipend: 500 USD/month
How to apply
• Kindly submit your CV and cover merged into one PDF file entitled with your name (example: Lee_Joe.pdf) to email@example.com and CC Felix Kalkowsky at firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 February 2017.
• Put “CityNet Project Assistant” in subject line of the e-mail
• Eligible candidates will be invited for an interview at the end of February.