We would like to inform you of our call for nominations/applications for the Secondment Staff Programme for the period of 3 April 2017 to 30 March 2018.
The selected Secondment Staff is expected to join the Secretariat as one of the key personnel in the Secretariat to actively promote CityNet’s activities for the benefit of members. We are seeking to welcome a dynamic person who has a positive attitude, good computer skills and is able to communicate well in English.
Please kindly click on the below button and download a documents (compressed in .Zip format) for more information on the qualifications, financial condition, responsibilities, working conditions, required documents, procedures, and how to apply for position.
Deadline for Applications: February 3, 2017
What is the Secondment Staff Program?
The Secondment Staff Program was established in 1995 during the Network’s eighth Executive Committee Meeting held in Lyon, France. The program provides opportunities for mid-level personnel from member cities to learn and work in an international environment and encourages members’ active and direct participation in the activities of CITYNET.
Secondment Staff Eligibility
Candidates should be full-time permanent employees of a CITYNET member city/organisation (city, National Level Organisation (NLO), or Developmental Authority (DA).
Ideal candidates should be /have:
- Be Full-time permanent employee of a CITYNET member city/organization
- Be between 25-35 years of age, preferably;
- Be fluent in both written and spoken English;
- Have at least three years working experience in your city/organization;
- Be in good health, physically and mentally;
- Hold a university degree, preferably related to human settlements or other urban issues, such as urban planning or international development. A post-graduate candidate is most welcome;
- Have an interest in urban development issues and/or international cooperation;
- Have a willingness to work in an international working environment;
- Have a working knowledge of software relevant for the job such as Microsoft Office for Windows (MS Word, Excel, Power Point) and preferably Microsoft Access for Database;
- Be willing to live in Korea and adopt the new environment
The Secondment staff’s city/organisation shall provide an allowance to cover living costs in addition to his/her salary and regular allowances during his/her tenure and a round-trip air ticket from his/her home country to Seoul, South Korea.