Based in Seoul, Republic of Korea, the CITYNET Secretariat looks for volunteers available to work in Seoul Secretariat Office or for CITYNET General Council (Congress of Mayors) event in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
Who are we looking for?
CITYNET Volunteers are dedicated individuals who can work 3-5 hours per week remotely, translating documents and contacting city officials. This position is ideal for nationals from the Asia-Pacific region who want experience working with an international organization and would like to connect their cities to the world through CITYNET’s global network.
What do volunteers do?
– Periodically help with translation of news, announcements, and promotional materials.
– Help contact officials from CITYNET member cities by phone and email
– Assist with preparations for CITYNET General Council (Congress of Mayors) event in Colombo, Sri Lanka, Nov. 5-8, 2017
– Assist with other tasks as designated by the Partner Development and Program Directors
Why should you join?
Volunteers gain experience in an international organization and a valuable line for their resumes. Further, they provide an opportunity for their home cities to access knowledge-sharing and development resources through the CITYNET network. Volunteer bios and professional photos will be displayed on translated documents, which may be hosted on our website.
What are volunteer qualifications?
– CITYNET member city nationality. A list of members can be found at www.citynet-ap.org
– Ability to read and understand professional English
– Have computer access independently of Secretariat facilities
– Experience working with governments or international organizations preferred
– There is currently a need for native speakers in Tagalog, Indonesian, Nepali, Tamil, Sinhala, Mandarin, Bengali, Hindi, Vietnamese, Thai, Khmer, Malay, Lao, Marati, Urdu, and Mongolian.
– Please send a resume and cover letter indicating your availability (hours per week and approximate start and end dates), with “Global Friends of CITYNET” included in the subject line, to Youngmin Chang at email@example.com.
– Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
– Due to the large volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
– Please note, this is a volunteer, unpaid position.
– Applications are processed on a rolling basis until all available positions are filled, so early application is encouraged.
– No phone calls, please.