Who are CityNet interns?
CityNet interns are young international leaders of the highest caliber. We train, equip, and develop interns’ skills through involvement across a spectrum of CityNet programs. Our interns become integral part our team and become engaged by shaping projects, sharing ideas, and delivering substantial work.
Undergraduate students (especially upperclassmen), current graduate students, and recent college graduates are encouraged to apply for CityNet internship.
What do CityNet interns do?
CityNet offers the opportunity for interns to work in a variety of fields. CityNet team is small which means that interns can connect and learn from most areas of the organization. While we look for individuals who have the focused experience and skills, interns will be expected to take part in a variety of tasks.
Interns typically work 30-40 hours per week, providing research and administrative support to CityNet’s current projects and day-to-day office functions, depending on the guidance of their supervisor. Please note that internship in CityNet is minimally paid.
What do interns gain?
- Exposure to working in an international organization and network;
- Experience in a diversity of program areas of an international development organization;
- Opportunity to expose themselves to a wide range of urban stakeholders in Asia Pacific through CityNet blog or in attending CityNet or partner events in some occasions; and
- Experience to work in a multicultural environment.
- Last semesters of Bachelor or Graduate school student majoring in public policy, urban development, international relations, urban sociology, business management, marketing, environmental studies or related field;
- Interest in urban issues and/or international development;
- Excellent spoken and written English;
- Pro-active and able to work with minimum supervision;
- Good communication skills;
- Experience in sales, marketing or fundraising would be an asset
Intern Expected Tasks:
Desk Research and Coordination (45%)
- The intern will support the Program Officer in the strategic implementation to further disseminate and ensure sufficient number of survey respondents for the development of CityNet Medium Term Plan 2018-2021;
- The intern will support the Program Officer in conducting online research on the different global frameworks relating to urban development;
- The intern will help summarize the different global urban perspectives as an input to the drafting of the first chapters of the CityNet Medium Term Plan 2018-2021
Development of Fundraising Strategies and Funders’ Mapping (30%)
- The intern will support the Program Officer in mapping out prospective funders and corporations supportive to urban development agenda and help contribute inputs to the CityNet’s existing database;
- Initiate online communication outreach using existing CityNet’s communication channels to prospective funders and corporations;
CityNet Services (20%)
- The intern will help identify best practices to be included for CityNet Services database from its members;
- The intern will write at least two essays on different best practices that will be considered as blog entries
There are always unexpected tasks that might require the support of the intern. These are usually diverse administrative tasks, but often they go along the following lines:
- Draft letters
- Summarize reports
- Research on Korean culture
Timeline and stipend:
- Please send your two-page CV and a one-page cover letter to email@example.com by March 22, 2017;
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed during the last week of March 2017 subject to further notice
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Expected commitment: 30-40 hours/week (full time) for three (3 months)
- Stipend: 10,000 won / day