CityNet Vacancy Announcement: Project Assistant
CityNet is the largest association of urban stakeholders committed to sustainable development in the Asia Pacific region. Established in 1987 with the support of UNESCAP, UNDP and UN-Habitat, the Network of cities has grown to include 139 municipalities, NGOs, private companies and research centers. We connect actors, exchange knowledge and build commitment to more sustainable and resilient cities. Through capacity building, city-to-city cooperation and tangible projects, we help our members respond to Climate Change, Disaster, Sustainable Development Goals and rising Infrastructure demands.
Position: Project Assistant
The CityNet Secretariat’s programs team is currently looking for one suitable project assistant.
- Assist the Project Coordinator in managing the EU World Cities Project
- Support communication with partners and participating cities in Korea
- Logistical coordination of working meetings between Korean/European cities in Korea
- Preparation of presentations and project reports
- Administrative support
- Assist the Program Officer in managing the Urban SDG Knowledge Platform Project
- Conduct research and policy analysis
- Contribute to maintaining and expanding the online knowledge database
- Contribute to copy-editing of texts and modification/creation of visual materials
- Coordinate communication between CityNet and its partners, as well as other project stakeholders
- Other tasks
- Support CityNet’s Knowledge Sharing and Capacity Building Programs (e.g. organize workshops)
- Content creation and management for CityNet blog and the SDG knowledge sharing platform
- Assist in project acquisition (e.g. identify suitable programs and potential partners, prepare project proposals)
- Support organizing side events and sessions at international conferences
- Administrative support
* Please note: Tasks and responsibilities may be adjusted by supervisor.
- Graduate students, and recent graduates majoring in urban development, public policy, international relations, development studies, project management, environmental studies or related fields or a demonstrated interest in the activities and mission of CityNet, and relevant global agendas such as the New Urban Agendas and the SDGs
- Excellent spoken/written proficiency in English and Korean
- Experience in project management or project assistance at a professional setting is ideal
- Experience working with governments or international organizations is an asset.
- Applicable knowledge of the New Urban Agenda and/or the SDGs in a development setting is an asset
- Proven proficiency with graphic design/publishing tools such as Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign is an asset
Timeline and stipend
- Desired starting date: 1 February 2018
- Term: 3 months (with potential extension)
- Stipend: 500 USD/month
Please submit your CV and cover letter as one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org and CC both Felix Kalkowsky at email@example.com and Jae Hyun Park at
firstname.lastname@example.org by 17 January 2018.
- All applicants are kindly requested to note that, if selected for the advertised position, the position does not provide an employee-employer relationship between the successful applicant and CityNet Secretariat.