Application Deadline: 20 January, 2017
CityNet is the largest association of urban stakeholders committed to sustainable development in the Asia Pacific region. Established in 1987 with the support of UNESCAP, UNDP and UN-Habitat, the Network of cities has grown to include 138 municipalities, NGOs, private companies and research centers. We connect actors, exchange knowledge and build commitment to more sustainable and resilient cities. Through capacity building, city-to-city cooperation and tangible projects, we help our members respond to Climate Change, Disaster, Sustainable Development Goals and rising Infrastructure demands.
The CityNet Secretariat is currently looking for suitable candidates for the following positions.
Program Officer: One Person
Please see below for more information on the job functions/responsibilities, job requirements, working conditions and application procedures.
1. Manage all the Urban SDGs Platform works
1.1 Website Management
- Develop strategy to promote the Urban SDG Knowledge Platform
- Administer all contents on the Urban SDG Knowledge Platform website
- Prepare and edit reports on the Urban SDG Knowledge Platform
- Manage design and layout of the Urban SDG Knowledge Platform
- Collect and update best practices from CityNet members and partners
- Manage website contract and developers of the Urban SDG Knowledge Platform
1.2 Partners Management
- Communicate with other organizers such as Seoul Metropolitan Government and UNESCAP
- Write and edit communications and publications for the promotion of the Urban SDG Knowledge Platform
- Plan strategic partnership with other international and local organizations
- Promote the Urban SDG platform and develop partnerships in relation to the Urban SDG Knowledge Platform through public speaking
1.3 Related off-line events
- Design and implement off-line events to promote Urban SDG Knowledge Platform
- Plan, implement, manage, monitor and evaluate projects such as capacity building trainings and programs related to the Urban SDG Knowledge Platform
- Serve as a resource person for related events and conferences
2. Other tasks assigned by the Director of Programs and Assistant Secretary General
*Please Note: tasks and responsibilities may be adjusted according to the current workload.
- A master’s degreein Urban Development, Urban Engineering, International Development, International Affairs, Environmental Studies, Public administration, Urban management or a closely related area and at least 1 year’s work experience in Urban Development, Urban Engineering, International Development, International Affairs, Environmental Studies, Public administration, Urban management or a closely related area (internship experience included)
- Or, a bachelor’s degreein Urban Development, Urban Engineering, International Development, International Affairs, Environmental Studies, Public administration, Urban management or a closely related area and at least 3 year’s work experience in Urban Development, Urban Engineering, International Development, International Affairs, Environmental Studies, Public administration, Urban management or a closely related area (internship experience included)
- Native level proficiency in both spoken and written English and Korean.
- No legal restrictions on overseas travel
- Website Management
- Ability to read and edit basic HTML template.
- Ability to manage website administration page and tools, including knowledge in FTP
- Experience in hiring and managing website developer
- Experience in managing online platforms and websites in a professional setting is strongly preferred
- Excellent spoken and written knowledge of English and Korean
- Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of any Asian language is an advantage
- Computer software tools
- Excellent computer skills (core MS Office applications)
- Proven experience in publication and layout design using Adobe InDesign and Illustrator
- Knowledge and understanding of basic video editing using video editing tools such as Adobe Premiere and iMovie
- Strong analytical, problem solving and creative thinking skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Superior time management skills and ability to deliver in tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a diverse team and foster team spirit
- Strong commitment to urban development and city-to-city cooperation in Asia pacific
- Self-starter. Ability to work independently
- Deep understanding of the social, economic and political development of the Asia Pacific region, including its urbanization, is an advantage
- Experience working and communicating with various government and multilateral stakeholders (local governments and UN etc.)
- Experience and successful delivery of a diverse range of capacity building workshops
- Experience working in Least-Developed Countries (LDCs) in the Asia pacific for a prolonged period of time (3 months or more) in the context of the SDGs is an advantage
- Proven experience in organizing and setting an agenda of international conference, forum or seminar
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms for professional purposes is an advantage
- Solid understanding of more than two of the following areas
- Climate change adaptation and mitigation, Infrastructure, SDGs and Disaster prevention and management
- Knowledge and understanding of CityNet member cities
- Start Date: 20 February 2017 (to be confirmed under the employment contract)
- Location of office: CityNet Secretariat, 10F, Seoul Global Center, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
- Contract Period: One year including a three-month probationary period
* Please Note: The contract term may be extended based on the results of an annual assessment and the needs of the organization.
- Working Hours: Monday to Friday from 9:30 ~ 18:00 with a one-hour lunch break
- Working Language: English
- Annual Leave: Twenty business days per year (including sick days)
- Note: No leave will be granted during the probationary period
- Benefits: National pension program, medical insurance, employment insurance, and occupational health and safety insurance
- Annual Salary: Thirty(30) million ~ Thirty-five(35) million KRW
* Please Note: The detailed annual salary can be adjusted depending on the applicant’s abilities, work experiences, etc. and only 90% of the monthly salary will be paid during the probationary period.
Required Documents (Merged into one PDF file)
- Resume and Cover Letter
- Two letters of recommendation
* Please Note: The final candidate will be asked to send the copies of diplomas and the employment verification letters later.
- Deadline for Submission of Required Documents: 20 January, 2017
* Please Note: Only applicants who pass the document assessment stage will be invited to participate in the next stage of the recruitment process.
- Online English Written Test: 2 February, 2017
* Please Note: Only applicants who pass the English written test will be invited to participate in the next stage of the recruitment process.
- Interview: 14 February, 2017 (only face to face interview possible)
- Announcement of Final Selection: 16 February, 2017
How to apply
- Interested candidates should apply to: email@example.com
- Put “CityNet Program Officer” in subject line of the e-mail
- For further inquiries, contact the CityNet Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org