THE CITYNET SECONDMENT STAFF PROGRAMME 2018
(Deadline for Applications: 22 February 2018)
We would like to inform you of our call for nominations/applications for the Secondment Staff Programme for the period of 2 May 2018 to 30 April 2019.
The selected Secondment Staff is expected to join the Secretariat as one of the key personnel in the Secretariat to actively promote CityNet’s activities for the benefit of members. We are seeking to welcome a dynamic person who has a positive attitude, good computer skills and is able to communicate well in English.
Please see below for more information on the qualifications, financial condition, responsibilities, working conditions, required documents, procedures, and how to apply for the position.
(1) DESCRIPTION OF THE POST
- Position: Secondment Staff
- Duty Station: Seoul, Korea
- Duration: From 2 May 2018 to 30 April 2019
* The term can be adjusted by discussing
(2) MEMBERS ELIGIBLE FOR THE SECONDMENT STAFF PROGRAMME
- National Level Organizations (NLO)
- Developmental Authorities (DA)
(3) NOMINATION OF THE CANDIDATE
Please select one (1) candidate from your city/organization who has experience, requisite skills and interest in topics such as urban development issues or international co-operations after reviewing the financial conditions mentioned below at paragraph (5), before submitting any nomination to CityNet.
- Be a Full-time permanent employee with at least 3 years of working experience in a CityNet member city/organization
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree, preferably related to human settlements or other urban issues, such as urban planning or international development. A post-graduate candidate is most welcome;
- Be fluent in both written and spoken English;
- Have a working knowledge of software relevant for the job such as Microsoft Office for Windows (MS Word, Excel, Power Point) and preferably Microsoft Access for Database;
- Be in good health, physically and mentally;
- Be between 25-35 years of age, preferably;
- Have an interest in urban development issues and/or international cooperation;
- Have a willingness to work and live in an international environment;
(5) FINANCIAL CONDITION
CityNet will pay Secondment Staff for:
- Charge of the Application for Visa
- Local transportation fees between Incheon International Airport and Seoul
- Part of the living cost for Secondment Staff (KRW12,000,000 in total for one year)
* Partial meals, house rent, insurance
The Seconding City/Organization should provide:
- Part of the living cost for Secondment Staff(minimum of no less than KRW14,400,000 in total for one year)
- Round trip airfare from and to Korea, fuel surcharge, airport tax(es) and airline insurance
Living expenses must be borne by the seconding city/organization. A member city/organization is required to contribute at least KRW14,400,000 (approximately US$12,323) as the subsistence allowance for one year stay in Seoul, in addition to the basic salary and other regular allowances. The ability of the city/organization to sustain its share of the expenses is very critical factor; therefore city/organization nominating candidates will be required to give such an assurance in advance.
For your guidance, it is strongly recommended that the Secondment Staff be stationed in Seoul without accompanying family members during his/her tenure as the cost of living in Korea is very high.
IMPORTANT: The supervisor of the nominated candidate, in addition to the Mayor or designated representative of city/organization, should be aware of the following assurances which are incorporated in the Application Form:
- City/organization will second the personnel for one year, and
- City/organization will guarantee for payment of his/her salary and regular allowances during his/her tenure in Seoul.
- City/organization will provide a part of the living cost in Korea
- City/organization will cover a round-trip air ticket to and from Korea
(6) DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
He/she will undertake duties, responsibilities and tasks assigned by the Secretary- General/Assistant Secretary-General and Programme Director. He/she will:
- Assist the Programme Director and the Operations Director in preparing and implementing Programme, legislative meetings, administrative tasks, etc.,
- Update the data of members and activities of the Network and disseminate information to members,
- Participate in promotional activities of CityNet in Korea,
- Liaise with members in the country of his or her origin to assess their urban planning priorities and communicate CityNet’s activities to meet their needs,
- Support members in participating in various activities.
(7) WORKING CONDITION
The Secondment Staff is to be on duty for 7.5 hours per day except Saturday/Sunday, Korean National Holidays.
Ten (10) days annual leaves and five (5) days summer holidays (June – Sept) are allowed during one year tenure.
The Secondment Staff will be able to apply the Compensatory Time Off (for overtime working hours) subject to appropriate record and advanced approval by Assistant Secretary-General or Programme Director.
The Comprehensive Insurance for Foreign Trainee shall be applied for the Secondment Staff. CityNet will pay the insurance premium.
(9) APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
Candidates should complete and send the following:
Form I: Check List
Form II: Application Form
Form III: Questionnaire Form
Form IV: Medical Report
And V: Curriculum Vitae in English, with photo
In order to fill in the above-mentioned Forms, each candidate is requested to complete the information as much as possible, especially with regard to the following items:
Form I: CHECK LIST OF APPLICATION
Kindly use this sheet at top page when you send the documents to the Secretariat.
Form II: APPLICATION FORM
Complete each column clearly by him/herself and be sure to sign the confirmation of the contents of the declaration along with the necessary signature of the representatives.
Form III: QUESTIONNAIRE FORM
Answer the questions to as much detail as possible by him/herself.
Form IV: MEDICAL REPORT
Be honest in declaring his/her health condition.
Form V: CURRICULUM VITAE
Provide a C.V. typed in English language with photo attached
All documents should reach the CityNet Secretariat by e-mail not later than 22 February 2018 .
(10) TENTATIVE TIME SCHEDULE FOR THE SELECTION
|27~28 Feb. 2018||Screening applications|
|5 & 7 Mar. 2018||Written and Oral Examination :
Only the selected candidates will be informed of detailed time schedule by email.
|12 Mar. 2018||Result of the Selection:
To notify the result in writing to each candidate and an accredited representative/contact person of CityNet of his/her city/organization by e-mail.
|Immediate after decision||Preparation to obtain “Certificate of Eligibility” for entry visa as Trainee
To communicate directly with the selected official on immigration formalities upon all requisite terms and conditions being finalized.
To apply for entry visa under “Trainee” in Korea on behalf of him/her.
To obtain “Certificate of Eligibility”.
|Second week of March 2018||
Certificate of Eligibility to be sent to the Secondment Staff
To send the original to the Secondment Staff by e-mail.
The Secondment Staff is to visit the Korean Embassy in the country of residence and to apply for an entry visa.
|Third week of March 2018||Preparation for going to Korea/Seoul
The Secondment Staff is to inform CityNet Secretariat his/her flight schedule to Seoul, Korea
|28 or 30 April 2018||Expected arrival in Korea
The local transportation fees between Incheon International Airport and Seoul will be reimbursed by CityNet Secretariat
|2 May 2018||Task / Job Transfer as Secondment Staff:
To finalize the Minutes of Understanding on detail working condition during the tenure.
Secondment Staff Programme 2018 starts.
For further information: CityNet Secretariat
10F, Seoul Global Center, 38 Jongno, Jongno-Gu, Seoul, Repulic of Korea
Tel: (82-2) 723-0628; Fax: (82-2) 723-0640
Inquiries: Juhyun Lee(Ms.), Operations Officer