The Better Air Quality 2014 Conference will be held in Colombo, Sri Lanka from 19 -21 November 2014 at the Bandaranaike Memorial International Conference Hall. The BAQ conference is a flagship event of Clean Air Asia covering the key sectors of transport, energy, industry and climate change. The BAQ2014 theme is “Next Generation Solutions for Clean Air and Sustainable Transport – Towards a Livable Society in Asia.” Up to 800 participants are expected to participate from more than 30 countries worldwide.
Several sessions at the main conference and at pre-events are dedicated to cities organized by international and regional organizations supporting cities:
- Cities’ Solutions for Clean Air
- Climate Financing and Green Cities
- Science-based Clean Air Plans of Cities
- Cities Clean Air Partnership
- Using BenMAP-CE to Estimate Air Pollution Benefits
- AirNow-International – A Growing Community of Users
- Partnerships in Building Capacity towards Better Air Quality and Co-Benefits in Smaller Cities
- Improving Air Quality Monitoring in Asia
- Household Air Pollution – the silent killer
- Livable Cities are Pedestrian- and Bicycle-Friendly Cities
- Triple Green: Sustainable Cities, Ports and Freight
The conference is co-organized by the Ministry of Transport of Sri Lanka, the Ministry of Environment and Renewable Energy of Sri Lanka, and Clean Air Asia, in partnership with the Asian Development Bank, German International Cooperation (GIZ), and World Bank. BAQ2014 is integrated with the Intergovernmental 8th Regional Environmentally Sustainable Transport Forum in Asia organized by the Ministry of Transport of Sri Lanka, Ministry of the Environment of Japan, and the United Nations Centre for Regional Development.