JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS
CityNet is the largest association of urban stakeholders committed to sustainable development in the Asia Pacific region. Established in 1987 with the support of UNESCAP, UNDP and UN-Habitat, the Network of cities has grown to include over 170 municipalities, NGOs, private companies and research centers. We connect actors, exchange knowledge and build commitment to more sustainable and resilient cities. Through capacity building, city-to-city cooperation and tangible projects, we help our members respond to Climate Change, Disaster, Sustainable Development Goals and rising Infrastructure demands.
The CityNet Secretariat is currently looking for suitable candidates for the following position(s).
Program Officer: Two (2) vacancies
Please see below for more information on the job functions/responsibilities, job requirements, working conditions and application procedure.
Application Deadline: 23 April 2023, 23:59
Task and Responsibilities
- Organize and manage CityNet Executive Committee Meeting, CityNet Congress, and mission trips.
- Facilitate policy exchange among CityNet members, National Chapters and Clusters.
- Organize and manage international events including domestic and international forums and conferences.
- Conduct communication, marketing, and promotion activities through CityNet website and social media.
- Publish CityNet reports, plans, and monthly newsletter, pursuant to CityNet procedures and guidelines.
- Implement projects and raise funds from domestic and international organizations.
- Manage the overall process of project planning, application, management, and monitoring.
- Translate and prepare English-Korean documents, perform administrative tasks within the programs team.
- A bachelor’s degree in Urban Development, Urban Planning, International Development, International Affairs, Environmental Studies or a closely related area and at least 3 years of work experience in Urban Development, Urban Planning, International Development, International Affairs, Environmental Studies or a related sector.
- A master’s degree in Urban Development, Urban Planning, International Development, International Affairs, Environmental Studies or a closely related area and at least 1 year of work experience in Urban Development, Urban Planning, International Development, International Affairs, Environmental Studies or a related sector.
Eligible Working Experience
Working experience in international relations / international organization, local authorities, public institutions, embassies, universities, private institutions, etc.
- Fluent in English and Korean: must be fluent and accurate, orally and in writing.
- Nationality is irrelevant
- No legal restrictions on overseas travel.
- Applicants who have worked in or with a local authority will be given preference.
- High understanding of urbanization including social, economic and political development in the Asia-Pacific region
- High understanding of CityNet Member Network and local authorities in the Republic of Korea
- Excellent communication skills, in both written and oral English and Korean
- Capacity to actively engage in networking with other organizations including international organizations, international non-profit organizations and public organizations
- Excellent computer skills (Core MS Office applications, Hancom Office, applications for virtual meeting software)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team
- Creativity, analytical skills, and initiative attitude
- Experience in working on duties related to Asia-Pacific regional affairs and having a comprehensive knowledge of Asia-Pacific regions.
- Experience in the field of Sustainable Development Goals including climate change, urban infrastructure, disaster risk reduction and management
- Experience in implementing projects with governmental organizations (UN, KOICA, World Bank, etc)
- Asian language skills (Indonesia and Malaysian Bahasa preferred)
- Start Date: May 2023
- Location of office: CityNet Secretariat, 10F, Seoul Global Center, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
- Contract Period: Two years including a three-month probationary period
Please Note: The contract term may be extended based on the results of an annual assessment and the needs of the organization.
- Working Hours: Monday to Friday from 9:30 ~ 18:00 with a one-hour lunch break.
- Working Language: English & Korean.
- Annual Salary: Will be determined based on the internal salary system (depending on the applicant’s abilities, work experiences, etc.)
Please Note: The detailed annual salary is determined under the employment contract and only 80% of the monthly salary will be paid during the probationary period
Required Documents (No designated form for all documents)
- Resume and Cover Letter (Mandatory, Must be in English)
- Certificate of Graduation or Diploma (Mandatory, English or Korean)
- Certificate of Employment or Certificate of Employment History (Mandatory, English or Korean)
- Portfolio (Optional, English or Korean) *Including concept notes, reports, articles, etc.
- Language Proficiency Certificate (Optional)
- Any type of Certificate or License (Optional)
- Deadline for Submission of Required Documents – 23 April 2023, 23:59
- Announcement of Document Screening Result– 25 April 2023
- Second Round: Interview (Korean and English) – 26 April 2023 ~ 3 May 2023
- Announcement of Second Round Result – Early May 2023
- Signing Employment Contract and Employment Starting Date – May 2023
Please Note: Only applicants who pass the screening and interview will be invited to participate in the next stage of the recruitment process. Furthermore, the recruitment schedule may be subject to change, depending on the circumstances.
How to apply
- Submit the application form and necessary attachments to the following e-mail addresses : firstname.lastname@example.org
- In case of submitting the application in person, please submit the documents to the address below:
Address: CityNet Secretariat, 10F, 38, Jong-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
- Deadline for submission: 23 April 2023, until 18:00
- For further inquiries, contact Ms. Hyeong-rim Lee at email@example.com / 02-723-0628.