JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS
CityNet is the largest association of urban stakeholders committed to sustainable development in the Asia Pacific region. Established in 1987 with the support of UNESCAP, UNDP and UN-Habitat, the Network of cities has grown to include over 170 municipalities, NGOs, private companies and research centers. We connect actors, exchange knowledge and build commitment to more sustainable and resilient cities. Through capacity building, city-to-city cooperation and tangible projects, we help our members respond to Climate Change, Disaster, Sustainable Development Goals and rising Infrastructure demands.
The CityNet Secretariat is currently looking for suitable candidates for the following position(s).
Program Intern (Congress): One vacancy
Please see below for more information on the job functions/responsibilities, job requirements, working conditions and application procedure.
Program Intern (Congress)
Application deadline: 3 June 2022, 23:59 (Friday)
- Support (1) Senior Program Officer and (1) Program Officer in implementation of CityNet activities related to Capacity Building, CityNet 9th Congress, and CityNet’s Medium Term Plan;
- Assist in the logistical and administration support for the Senior Program Officer and the Program Officer;
- Translate documents from Korean to English and vice versa;
- Coordinate with members and partners when required;
- Write news, feature stories, conduct online research and support documentation when required;
- Other tasks requested by the Director.
※ Please note: Tasks and responsibilities may be adjusted by supervisor
- Undergraduate students, and recent graduates majoring in urban development, public policy, international relations, development studies, project management, environmental studies or related fields in the activities and mission of CityNet
- Proficient in spoken/written English
- Nationality: Korean
- Experience in project assistance at a professional setting is ideal
- Experience working with governments or international organizations would be an asset
- Location of office: CityNet Secretariat, 10F, Seoul Global Center, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
- Contract Period: 1 July 2022 ~ 31 December 2022 (with potential extension)
- Working Hours: Monday to Friday from 9:30 ~ 18:00 with a one-hour lunch break
- One paid day off per month (including sick days)
- Benefits: National pension program, medical insurance, employment insurance, and occupational health and safety insurance
- Intern Stipend: 59,000 KRW (per day)
- Application Deadline: 3 June 2022, 23:59
- Conduct Interview: 21 June 2022 (face to face)
- Announcement of Final Selection: 24 June 2022
- Desired Starting Date: 1 July 2022
Required Documents (No designated form, all documents should be in English)
- Resume (with photo)
- Cover Letter
Please Note: The final candidate will be asked to send the copies of diplomas and the employment verification letters later.
How to apply (all documents should be in English)
- Submit the application form and necessary attachments to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
- For further inquiries, contact the CityNet Secretariat at the above email.
Please Note: This position does not provide an employee-employer relationship between the successful applicant and CityNet Secretariat.