PROGRAM OFFICER VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Application deadline: 20th of October, 2021. 15:00
CityNet is the largest association of urban stakeholders committed to sustainable development in the Asia Pacific region. Established in 1987 with the support of UNESCAP, UNDP and UN-Habitat, the Network of cities has grown to include 173 municipalities, NGOs, private companies and research centers. We connect actors, exchange knowledge and build commitment to more sustainable and resilient cities. Through capacity building, city-to-city cooperation and tangible projects, we help our members respond to Climate Change, Disaster, Sustainable Development Goals and rising Infrastructure demands.
The CityNet Secretariat is currently looking for suitable candidates for the following position.
Program Officer: One vacancy
Please see below for more information on the job functions/responsibilities, job requirements, working conditions and application procedure.
Task and Responsibilities
- Develop strategy to promote the Urban SDG Knowledge Platform
- Administer all contents on the Urban SDG Knowledge Platform website
- Prepare and edit reports on the Urban SDG Knowledge Platform
- Manage design and layout of the Urban SDG Knowledge Platform
- Collect and update best practices from CITYNET members and partners
- Manage website contract and developers of the Urban SDG Knowledge Platform
- Communicate with other organizers such as Seoul Metropolitan Government and UNESCAP
- Write and edit communications and publications for the promotion of the Urban SDG knowledge Platform
- Plan strategic partnership with other international and local organizations
- Promote the Urban SDG platform and develop partnerships in relation to the Urban SDG Knowledge Platform through public speaking
- Design and implement off-line events to promote Urban SDG Knowledge Platform
- Plan, implement, manage, monitor and evaluate projects such as capacity building trainings and programs related to the Urban SDG Knowledge Platform
- Serve as a resource person for related events and conferences
- Other tasks assigned by the Director of Programs and the Chief Executive Officer
Please Note: tasks and responsibilities may be adjusted according to the current workload
- A bachelor’s degree in Urban Development, Urban Engineering, International Development, International Affairs, Environmental Studies or a closely related area and at least 1 year’s work experience in Urban Development, Urban Engineering, International Development, International Affairs, Environmental Studies or a related sector. No legal restrictions on overseas travel.
- Fluent in English: must be fluently and accurately, orally and in writing.
- Nationality is irrelevant
- Excellent communication skills, in both written and oral English
- Excellent computer skills (Core MS Office applications, Basic HTML and FTP understanding is expected. Understanding of softwares such as Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere and iMovie as well as basic understanding of programming language preferred)
- Start Date : 8th , 2021 (to be confirmed under the employment contract)
- Location of office: CityNet Secretariat, 10F, Seoul Global Center, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
- Contract Period: Two years including a three-month probationary period
Please Note: The contract term may be extended based on the results of an annual assessment and the needs of the organization.
- Working Hours: Monday to Friday from 9:30 ~ 18:00 with a one-hour lunch break.
- Working Language: English.
- Annual Leave: Twenty six business days per year.(including sick days)
- Benefits: National pension program, medical insurance, employment insurance, and occupational health and safety insurance
- Annual Salary: Thirty-eight(38) million KRW (can be adjusted depending on the applicant’s abilities, work experiences, etc.)
Please Note: The detailed annual salary is determined under the employment contract and only 80% of the monthly salary will be paid during the probationary period
Required Documents (There’s no designated format and all documents should be in English)
- Resume and Cover Letter
- Two letters of Recommendation
Please Note: The final candidate will be asked to send the copies of diplomas and the employment verification letters later.
- Deadline for Submission of Required Documents – 20th of October, 2021. 15:00
Please Note: Only applicants who pass the document assessment stage will be invited to participate in the next stage of the recruitment process.
- Second Round : Online English Written Test – 27th of October, 2021
Please Note: Only applicants who pass the Second Round will be invited to participate in the next stage of the recruitment process.
- Third Round : Interview – 2nd of November, 2021 (either face to face or online for candidates overseas)
- Announcement of Final Selection – 4th of November, 2021
- Signing Date of Employment Contract and Employment Start Date – 8th of November, 2021
How to apply (all documents should be in English)
- Submit the application form and necessary attachments to the following e-mail addresses : firstname.lastname@example.org
- For further inquiries, contact the CityNet Secretariat at email@example.com