JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS
CityNet is the largest association of urban stakeholders committed to sustainable development in the Asia Pacific region. Established in 1987 with the support of UNESCAP, UNDP and UN-Habitat, the Network of cities has grown to include over 170 municipalities, NGOs, private companies and research centers. We connect actors, exchange knowledge and build commitment to more sustainable and resilient cities. Through capacity building, city-to-city cooperation and tangible projects, we help our members respond to Climate Change, Disaster, Sustainable Development Goals and rising Infrastructure demands.
The CityNet Secretariat is currently looking for suitable candidates for the following position(s).
Program Intern (SDG): One vacancy
Please see below for more information on the job functions/responsibilities, job requirements, working conditions and application procedure.
Program Intern (SDG)
Application deadline: 5 August 2022, 23:59 (Friday)
- Assist the Program Officer in managing the Urban SDG Knowledge Platform (http://www.urbansdgplatform.org/index.msc)
- Contribute to maintaining and expanding the online knowledge database, through the edition of cases uploaded to the Platform
- Coordinate with Korean vendors/developers for the development and implementation of new features on the SDG Knowledge Platform
- Manage a small team of Korean undergraduate students for the Youth SDG Action Program.
- Willing and capable to travel to Kuala Lumpur to assist the secretariat at the 9th CityNet Congress – approximately September 15-24
- Translation of both Korean>English and English>Korean reports, documents, and emails. Occasional interpretation during meetings.
- Coordinate with Korean vendors for the production and design of the Urban SDG Knowledge Platform’s publications
- Selection, editing, and preparation of cases, columns and articles for RECIPRO:CITY and other publications of the platform
- Contribute to copy-editing of texts and modification/creation of visual materials
- Assist in the coordination of communication between CityNet, Seoul Metropolitan Government, and its partners, as well as other project stakeholders
Other Potential Tasks
- Support CityNet’s Knowledge Sharing and Capacity Building Programs (e.g. organize workshops)
- Assist in project acquisition & grant writing proposals (e.g. identify suitable programs and potential partners, prepare project proposals)
- Support organizing side events and sessions at international conferences
- Administrative support and other tasks requested by the Director
※ Please note: Tasks and responsibilities may be adjusted by supervisor
- Undergraduate students, graduate students, and recent graduates majoring in urban development, public policy, international relations, development studies, project management, environmental studies or related fields in the activities and mission of CityNet
- Proficient spoken/ written in English
- Nationality: Korean
- Experience in project assistance at a professional setting is ideal
- Willingness to travel and work in a conference setting is ideal
- Experience working with governments or international organizations would be an asset
- Applicable knowledge of the New Urban Agenda and/or the SDGs in a development setting is an asset
- Proven proficiency with graphic design/publishing tools such as Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign is an asset
- Project management experience an asset
- Experience working with online learning management systems (LMS) an asset
- Location of office: CityNet Secretariat, 10F, Seoul Global Center, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
- Contract Period: 1 September 2022 ~ 28 February 2022 (with potential extension)
- Working Hours: Monday to Friday from 9:30 ~ 18:00 with a one-hour lunch break
- One paid day off per month (including sick days)
- Benefits: National pension program, medical insurance, employment insurance, and occupational health and safety insurance
- Intern Stipend: 59,000 KRW (per day)
- Application Deadline: 5 August 2022, 23:59
- Conduct Interview: 18 August 2022 (face to face)
- Announcement of Final Selection: 22 August 2022
- Desired Starting Date: 1 September 2022
Required Documents (No designated form, all documents should be in English)
- Resume (with photo)
- Cover Letter
Please Note: The final candidate will be asked to send the copies of diplomas and the employment verification letters later.
How to apply (all documents should be in English)
- Submit the application form and necessary attachments to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For further inquiries, contact the CityNet Secretariat at the above email.
Please Note: This position does not provide an employee-employer relationship between the successful applicant and CityNet Secretariat.