Application deadline: 17 April, 2020
CityNet is the largest association of urban stakeholders committed to sustainable development in the Asia Pacific region. Established in 1987 with the support of UNESCAP, UNDP and UN-Habitat, the Network of cities has grown to include 163 municipalities, NGOs, private companies and research centers. We connect actors, exchange knowledge and build commitment to more sustainable and resilient cities. Through capacity building, city-to-city cooperation and tangible projects, we help our members respond to Climate Change, Disaster, Sustainable Development Goals and rising Infrastructure demands.
The CityNet Secretariat is currently looking for suitable candidates for the following position.
Program Officer: One vacancy
Please see below for more information on the job functions/responsibilities, job requirements, working conditions and application procedure.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Author and edit CityVoices, annual report, marketing materials and e-newsletter
- Lead social media campaigns, CityNet website development and blog
- Identify and research funding opportunities and author grant proposals
- Outreach to recruit new members and develop presentations to represent CityNet
- Design and implement overseas and domestic capacity building programs
- Promote policy exchange between overseas and domestic member cities
- Design and implement international forum and conference
- Design, manage and monitor various project and programs
Please Note: tasks and responsibilities may be adjusted according to the current workload
- A master’s degree in Urban Development, Urban Engineering, International Development, International Affairs, Environmental Studies or a closely related area and at least 1 year’s work experience in Urban Development, Urban Engineering, International Development, International Affairs, Environmental Studies or a closely related area.
- Or, a bachelor’s degree in Urban Development, Urban Engineering, International Development, International Affairs, Environmental Studies or a closely related area and at least 3 year’s work experience in Urban Development, Urban Engineering, International Development, International Affairs, Environmental Studies or a related sector. No legal restrictions on overseas travel.
- Fluent in Chinese and English: must be able to translate in both directions fluently and accurately, orally and in writing.
- Excellent communication skills, in both written and oral English
- Excellent computer skills (Core MS Office applications, Basic HTML and WordPress understanding preferred)
- Start Date : May 13th, 2020 (to be confirmed under the employment contract)
- Location of office: CityNet Secretariat, 10F, Seoul Global Center, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
- Contract Period: Two years including a three-month probationary period
Please Note: The contract term may be extended based on the results of an annual assessment and the needs of the organization.
- Working Hours: Monday to Friday from 9:30 ~ 18:00 with a one-hour lunch break.
- Working Language: English.
- Annual Leave: Twenty business days per year (including sick days)
Note: No leave will be granted during the probationary period
- Benefits: National pension program, medical insurance, employment insurance, and occupational health and safety insurance
- Annual Salary: Thirty-eight(38) million KRW (Total amount including the self-burden amount of the above benefits)
Please Note: Only 80% of the monthly salary will be paid during the probationary period
Required Documents (all documents should be in English)
- Resume and Cover Letter
- Two letters of Recommendation
Please Note: The final candidate will be asked to send the copies of diplomas and the employment verification letters later.
- Deadline for Submission of Required Documents – 17 April, 2020
Please Note: Only applicants who pass the document assessment stage will be invited to participate in the next stage of the recruitment process.
- Second Round : Online English Written Test – 29 April, 2020
Please Note: Only applicants who pass the Second Round will be invited to participate in the next stage of the recruitment process.
- Third Round : Interview – 7 May, 2020 (either face to face or online for candidates overseas)
- Announcement of Final Selection – 11 May, 2020
- Signing Date of Employment Contract and Employment Start Date – 13 May, 2020
How to apply (all documents should be in English)
- Submit the application form and necessary attachments to the following e-mail addresses : email@example.com
- For further inquiries, contact the CityNet Secretariat at +82(0)2 723-0628 or firstname.lastname@example.org