More than half of the world population living in urban areas is facing challenges to meet the new sustainable Development Goals. Realizing this potential and with a holistic view in providing sustainable & livable solutions for cities, All India Institute of Local Self-Government and United cities and local governments Asia Pacific along with other National and International organizations is organizing the South Asian Cities Summit 2018 with the theme of “New Urban and Localizing SDGs”.
The Summit will convene a high‐profile gathering of national, international, state and local government officials, utilities, policy makers, financiers, technologists, non-profit organizations, business leaders, academicians, researchers and community organizations – all with a common focus on the perspective of what needs to be done at city level to attain the SDGs and assess whether South Asian cities have required data base and capacity to generate, analyze and use city performance results at highly disaggregated level in the city to improve performance and attain SDG required outcomes by 2030. The summit is expected to witness more than 300 delegates internationally.
In addition, this summit will provide a platform for discussions on the possible solutions and agreements for cities:
- Unique opportunity for participating cities across South Asia to bridge the knowledge gap between cities.
- Network with various ULBs, Government departments & officials, International organizations, Funding & Donor agencies.
- Strengthen collaboration among cities, technology providers, and investors in these sectors.
- Showcase latest technologies and share best practices from companies across the globe in the field of urban governance, smart city planning, urban climate resilience, disaster risk reduction, among others
- Empower yourself by interacting with senior city managers
- B2B meetings with specific partners to explore joint venture opportunities in India
For more information: http://www.sacsummit.in/