Does your city have a recent urban lighting project in the past two years? Lighting Urban Community International Association and Philips Lighting announced the 14the edition of the city. people.light award. It’s a great opportunity to promote your city’s excellence in the field of urban lighting throughout the global community.
Created in 2003 by Philips and LUCI, the city.people.light award recognizes urban lighting projects that attempt to re-humanize the urban environment through the medium of light. It rewards urban lighting projects that best show how to integrate today’s city challenges of urban living and the notions of ‘city’, ‘people’ and ‘light’ in a coherent lighting strategy.
The top three projects will be announced at the city.people.light award ceremony during the LUCI Annual General Meeting 2016 in Seoul, Korea, with a prize of €10,000 (approximately $11,300) for the winning project.
The contest is open to urban lighting projects that have been completed less than two years prior to entry in the contest.
How can you participate in the contest? We invite you to fill the template online (HERE) with the following information:
- A description of the urban lighting project
- Objectives of the lighting designer, urban planner or (landscape) architect in this project
- The people involved in the project and products used
- What is the contribution of the urban lighting project for the city and its citizens
- Budget spent on this lighting project and budget reserved for further development
- Installation date
- Daytime and nighttime pictures
Your project (it can be a single building or a lighting master plan transforming the entire city) has a chance to win if it fulfills the following criteria:
- The lighting project must be a permanent installation and accessible to all people, temporary light festivals or illuminations are excluded from the contest.
- The contest is open to urban lighting projects that were completed less than two years prior to entry in the contest.
- The project is intended to improve livability in the city by applying innovative design and / or technology.
- The installation is intended to provide both the city and its citizens with short and long term benefits.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR URBAN LIGHTING PROJECT BEFORE 5 SEPTEMBER 2016.
In case of questions or queries, please send an email to email@example.com.
You can find more information on the examples of last year’s winners HERE.