The Sustainable City Forum is one of the major annual events of the Smart City Summit & Expo (SCSE). The forum has received worldwide responses every year, and with an aim to achieve SDG11, the organizers, ICDI and Taoyuan, both CityNet members, brought together smart solutions in renewable energy, energy efficiency, green finance, circular economy, and eco-mobility via this platform.
The main forum, held on September 22nd, focused on the topic of Green Economy with Public-Private Partnerships approach for the promotion in the Post-COVID-19 era. This forum featured representatives of international cities and private sectors to share their policies on green economic transition and practical cases.
(1) Gino Van Begin, Secretary General of ICLEI
(2) Vijay Jagannathan, Secretary General of CityNet
(3) Hideyuki Mori, Executive Director of IGES
(4) Matthew Jordan Tank, Director, Sustainable Infrastructure Policy & Project Preparation at EBRD
Forum Speakers included:
(1) Christophe FERRARI, President of Grenoble-Alpes Métropole, France
(2) Peter Den Oudsten, Mayor of City of Utrecht, Netherlands
(3) Bart Linssen, Managing Director of ECCT
(4) Hiroyuki Ito, Green City Action Plan (GCAP) Manager for EBRD
(5) Lu Li-The, Director-General of Department of Environmental Protection of Taoyuan City
(6) Presentation on Smart City by Matsuyama city
Moderator: Lin Tze-Luen, Deputy Executive Director of Office of Energy and Carbon Reduction, EY
Chair：Chiou, Jiunn-Ming, Deputy Secretary General of Taoyuan City